I’m currently listening to Danielle LaPorte’s Fire Starter Sessions during my commute time. I’ve had this book on my nightstand or desk for way over a year. Maybe close to two. Haven’t read past the 2nd chapter.
Enter Audible.com and now I’m cooking with gas. Or the white hot fire of a Fire Starter. 🙂 Audible.com is helping me get through some books that I haven’t been able to create time to read. It’s great to put my drive time to use. From Italian practice to inspiration to a big work of wonderful fiction. I love it.
So much inspiration and wisdom in this book. I should be taking notes. I’m happy that I also have the written version so I can go through it again with a highlighter. Love it. Seriously. **Honestly, once in a while it’s a bit woo-woo for me, but that is rare. Just want to keep it real.
For a few years now I’ve been trying to only take on things that excite me and make me happy. Life is too short to hang out with people or doing things that drain your energy. Or amp up your stress level.
anything or anyone
that does not bring you alive
is too small for you
—David Whyte, poet
I don’t know when it happened (sometime in the last 5 years), but I remember thinking what do I want people to think about me or remember me for? My answer was joy. I want people to think of me as joy-filled and joyful. I want to give be a source of fun, whimsy, light.
I wish those qualities came naturally to me. But what comes naturally is negative thinking, complaining, and really bad self talk.
I have to choose happy everyday. I like the way happy feels.
So tell me what lights you up? What adds that little pep in your step? Makes you giddy. Makes you talk fast so you can tell someone all about your passion while you have their attention.
This is what lights me up (as of this moment)
- JaNiyah Rose. My life being her Nana is amazing
- Designing pretty Web sites
- Italy – anything to do with Italy
- Learning Italian
- KISS. Did you know I will be seeing KISS in concert for the 7th time in June?!?!
- Justified. I can tell you for an hour all the reasons you should be watching this show. Besides Timothy Olyphant.
- Spring. This is the most wonderful time of the year. Coming out of the cocoon of winter to beautiful flowers, sun and green grass.
- The books on my favorite list. Top Five in no particular order: Anna Karenina, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, Memoirs of a Geisha, The Time Traveler’s Wife, The History of Love. There are more than a few that are just outside of the top five and any given day the last two could change.
- Cookie Skillets at Chili’s. Also chips and salsa there.
- I’m going to two conferences this year…first time ever for my own business. One in Denver and one local.
- Instagramming the little moments of my days.
- Planning a trip to Italy for next year, co-coordinating a tour. This one should probably be higher on this list.
- Spring flowers.