I got big plans for the New Year! Do you?
My last post (that was oh so long ago) hinted at some big changes that I was pondering. Well, decisions have been made and things have been put into motion. Things like discussions with bosses and new Web sites. Two big changes are happening:
- Design by Thauna has evolved into Bellano Web Studio. There were several reasons for the change and they all orbit around the idea of room to grow.
- My day job will now be my part-time job. (read: more time for Bellano Web Studio) I’m thrilled. I contemplated just leaping into full time entrepreneurship. But I love this other job. I love where I work. I love my work friends. Would I become a hermit? But I want more time for MY designing. See it was a conundrum. I think this new direction will be the best of both worlds.
And now for my Friday Five.
My one little word for 2014 is BELIEVE.
Five things about my little word:
- Believe in myself. I think this comes easy for many people. It’s never come easy for me.
- Believe in possibility. It’s possible for me to buy a house, to go to Italy, and have a successful business of my own. Just look at 2013. This year will be full of even more possibilities.
- Believe in love. Did Cher just sing out loud and proud in your head? Oh, it’s just me. I think I’m ready to believe in love again.
- Believe in my future. It’s so bright I’m gonna have to wear shades. So what if 50 is looming out there on the horizon, there is so much more good stuff to come.
- Believe I speak Italian. I need to stop thinking of myself as a beginner. This is the year I become more conversational. Beyond basic greetings.
Do you pick a word for the year? Or set a mantra or resolutions?