Once upon a time I had a cute little photography/life blog with my friend Lizzi, Life Besprinkled. A few things I miss about that blog:
- Sharing a daily picture
- I still LOVE the design. Looking at the design makes me want to redesign my personal blog. (again)
- Five on Friday
Anyway, I’m going to try to get back to a Five on Friday. I’m always happy it’s Friday so why not celebrate and focus on good things at the end of each week.
- A favorite memory from Italy – the Basilica di Santa Croce. Last night I went through my pictures of my visit to Santa Croce. Each pictures reminded me of the peace and awe I felt there. There are many chapels within the Basilica and I spent a good deal of time just sitting. Trying to take in the beauty of every nook. (that and my feet were tired) It is also the burial place of my favorite Italian artist, Michelangelo. As well as many other important Italians from history, Galileo, Machiavelli, Foscolo,Gentile and Rossini. It is also known as the Temple of the Italian Glories (Tempio dell’Itale Glorie). If you would like to read more about Santa Croce the click the link above to go to Wikipedia.
- I’m looking forward to a family reunion tomorrow in Joseph. A mini road trip to my Mom’s, with JaNiyah and her Momma. I’ve been told JaNiyah drew a map on how we get to Grandma Glenna’s house. She loves to go there. It’s always fun to see extended family and to spend time with my family.
- Oh my goodness, is it lunchtime yet? I’ve been hooked on a BBLT (double the bacon) sandwich at The Corner Bakery for most of the summer. It’s delicious!
- I miss regular TV and I hate to wish away Summer, but there is nothing to watch and I’m looking forward to Fall TV. I watched all 3 seasons of The Borgias and now I’m watching Ray Donovan. Tentatively started watching Breaking Bad, but I’m not sure about it yet. And Justified doesn’t come back until January…but my son and I are planning to start rewatching Season 4 in a couple of weeks.
- I’m so excited about my latest Design by Thauna Web site launch…it just makes me giddy. And if I’m so excited about it you know it has to do with Italy. I redesigned the Italian Club of Salt Lake’s site. I’m planning to be more and more involved in the club and taking every Italian class they offer. My friend Giuliana is the director and was also the leader of the trip I took to Italy.