I like to make plans, goals, resolutions every new year. Usually by mid-January most of them are history. Some leave guilt of an unfulfilled goal. Some I just forget.
I do like the practice of setting a word of intention for the year and that I can easily remember and practice. My open for 2012 is OPEN. Last year my word was “brave” and it served me well. I think I made some brave choices. But I’ve sheltered myself the last couple of years and in many ways closed myself off from the world somewhat. I’m not a recluse or anything but my social life is 80% babysitting the grandbaby.
Open: to change, to love, to grow, to travel, to leaving behind old behaviors. The list goes on, but it’s late.
My list of plans and dreams for 2012:
(subject to revision and forgetfulness)
- Finally get to a comfortable, healthy weight
- Read more
- Be more balanced
- Double my freelance income
- Work smarter, not more
- Follow a schedule, at least most days
- Blog more
- Take more pictures
- Be the best Nana
- Start learning Italian
- Read War & Peace
- Remember to feed my creativity
- Watch more movies
- Go out to the movies more than once a year
- Buy a new couch
- Get a tablet (Fire or iPad???)
- Start hiking
- Edit** Exercise/Move everyday at least 20 minutes. (I forgot this the first time)**
Hmm, some of those I’ve been thinking about for weeks and some just popped out as I was writing the list. Stay tuned for the rest of the story as it unfolds.